Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pimp my UI: Losing my UI

For those who don't know, (and why would you, I've been posting more than usual, not less,) my old hard drive bit the dust about a week and a half ago. I'll be back up and running by midweek next week, but even after that, my finely-crafted UI will be gone. Rather than lamenting the loss, I see this as an opportunity to plan out my new UI.
So, here's what I want from my UI:
  • I need to be able to see the 3D environment.
  • I need raid frames.
  • I need a minimap.
  • I need target and focus frames.
  • I need a personal buff/debuff display.
  • I need a quality casting bar.
  • I want visual/clickable actionbars. (I can only handle/remember so many keybinds.)
  • I want an XP/rep bar. I've grown rather fond of the defaultUI ones.
  • I want a DoT timer.
  • I want to minimize my eye movements.
So, time for a rough sketch...There, done. I didn't find a spot for an XP bar, but then, that's not really all that important in combat anyway. I think I'll find a way to tack it onto the character sheet, like the pet XP bar for Hunters. Similarly, I don't have a castbar labeled yet, I'll play with it and see where I want it; "it" means Quartz, of course. I may try to compress the whole thing downwards, I'm not sure I want so much of my rear blocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment